Monday, August 6, 2007

Thy Will be Done

My times are in Thy hand,Lord, I would have it so;Though I may wavering stand,And hesitate to goAlong the path that ThouHast surely marked for me;Not knowing how or whyThis way is best for me.

"My ways are not your ways,"Thy people Thou hast taught;Thy Word most clearly says:"My thoughts are not your thoughts."Nor can Thy plans be readBy minds which are finite.

Thou knowest best the need,With Thee alone is light.The clouds that gather doBut veil Thy purpose right;The mists which hide from view,And wrap us round as nightCan never separateThy people from their God;His love He'll never takeFrom those He bought with blood.

So in the darkest hourHe comes yet nearer still,To show His wondrous power,With peace the heart to fill.Our trembling hand to takeAnd lead us on our wayAlong the path to makeNew light from day to day.

O Lord, increase our faith,Shall be our daily prayer;To trust in Him who saith,'I will your burdens bear';To walk with Him belowTill He shall bid us come,Him then more fully know,And hear Him say, "Well Done."

- Vida Elsey, 1933

No comments: