Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Covenant Love

In the New Covenant, love for Christ and love for the brethren are inseparable. It is impossible to separate love for Christ from love for the brethren. But more than that: how much we love Christ can be measured by how much we love and serve other believers. How committed we are to serving Christ can be accurately gauged by how much we are committed to serving other believers in His Name.

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Acts 9:4b ...Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Matt 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1 John 4:20-21 If a man says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

- Kevin Williams

No comments: