Thursday, March 25, 2010

With or Against?

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathers not with me scatters abroad." - Matthew 12:30

It is not correct to ask, "What will you do with Jesus?" Rather, the issue is, "What are you doing about Him now?" There is no neutral ground. We are with Him or we are against Him. We are gathering or we are scattering.

There are no inactive church members. A pastor, whose church had about a hundred people in it, was asked how many active members the church had. He said, "One hundred-- fifty are actively for me and fifty are actively against me."

It is not possible to be inwardly and secretly for Christ, without being active for Him. Someone says, "Well, I never take my religion too seriously, but of course, I am not against Christ." Yes, you are. If you are not gathering, then you are scattering. If you are not really working with the great Gatherer, then you are an instrument of division, opposed to the only true unifying Power in the universe.

Gatherers and scatterers--it comes down to the fact that there are only two kinds of people. The first half of the verse sets forth the real issue today. "With me or against me", Christ or anti-Christ; Are you with Him or against Him? If you are not fully with Him, then you are against Him and are not gathering, but are scattering abroad.

- Vance Havner

No comments: