Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Recognizing God's Providence in Life

"You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit." - Job 10:12

What a great mercy it is from the Lord to have the right perspective about our lives. When a person doesn't have that, they cannot understand or appreciate all that has been done for them by a sovereign and gracious God. Neither can they have a thankful and gracious heart. The bigger perspective is huge and very important.

It is a humbling and heart-moving reality to step back and look at your journey until now, and then be able to say, "Lord, it is You who gave me life; You have shown me kindness, and in Your providence every moment of every day You have watched over my spirit."

How good is the God we adore--a faithful, unchangeable Friend; let us continually rehearse, as Job did, God's sovereign and intimate rule in all of life.

- Mack Tomlinson

No comments: