Friday, January 1, 2010

Two Hymns for your New Year

O, God, Our Help in Ages Past

O, God, our help in ages past,

Our hope for years to come;
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.

Under the shadow of Thy throne,
Still may we dwell secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.

Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame;
From everlasting Thou art God
To endless years the same.


Time, like an ever rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly, forgotten as a dream,
Dies at the opening day.

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come;
Be Thou our guide while life shall last,
And our eternal home.

- Isaac Watts (1674-1748)


When All Thy Mercies, O My God

When all thy mercies, O my God,
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view, I'm lost,
In wonder, love, and praise.

Unnumbered comforts to my soul,
Thy tender care bestowed;
Before my infant heart conceived,
From whom those comforts flowed.

When worn with sickness oft hast Thou
With health renewed my face;
And, when in sins and sorrows bowed,
Revived my soul with grace.

Thru every period of my life,
Thy goodness I'll pursue;
And after death, in distant worlds,
The glorious theme renew.

- Joseph Addison (1672-1719)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO OUR FRIENDS

WITH LOVE IN THE LORD OUR GOD

MACK & LINDA

No comments: