Thursday, October 29, 2009

Words of Truth

Never doubt in the darkness what the Lord has shown you in the light. - Zac Poonen

My business is this-- with all my might to serve my own generation. In doing so, I shall best serve the next generation, should the Lord tarry. I have but one life to live on earth and this one life is but a brief life for sowing, in comparison with eternity for reaping. - George Mueller

Many pastors criticize me for taking the gospel so seriously. But do they really think that on judgment day, Christ will chastise me and say, ‘Leonard, you took Me too seriously’? - Leonard Ravenhill

The real sermon is made in the closet. The man, God's man, is made in the closet. His life and his profoundest convictions were born in his secret communion with God. The burdened and tearful agony of his spirit and his weightiest and sweetest messages were gotten when alone with God. Prayer makes the man, prayer makes the preacher, prayer makes the pastor. - E.M Bounds

The best prayers have often been more groans than words. - John Bunyan

The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith and the beginning of faith is the end of anxiety. - Mrs. Charles Cowman

If you should lose only a limb, a child, or a friend, it would not be so much, but poor man, it is THY SOUL; if it was to lie in hell but for a day, but for a year, even ten thousand years, it would in comparison be nothing. But O, it is for ever! O, this cutting word 'EVER'! What a soul-amazing word will that be, which says, ‘Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING fire’!

- John Bunyan

No comments: